Eglin Aero Club Ratings and Certificates
NOTE: 60% of Montgomery VA benefits can be used towards ratings other than the private pilot course.
- PRIVATE PILOT COURSE
- The FAA approved Part 141 course requires a minimum of 35 hours flight time (20 dual and 15 solo). The Cessna Skyhawk (C-172) is the school's basic trainer. Formal ground school course is approximately 60 hours and visits to the air traffic control tower, RAPCON and the weather station are included (where possible).
Average Cost: $9,150.00
- COMMERCIAL PILOT COURSE
- After successfull completion of the Private Pilot course, training leads to to an instrument rating and a commercial pilot license - the minimum qualification for employment as a pilot. Commercial Pilot Requirements (Additional flight training):
Total Commercial Course: 190 hours
NOTE: A multi-engine rating may be obtained by substituting the multi-engine for the complex and receiving commercial single engine and multi-engine ratings together.
- INSTRUMENT RATING
- This FAA Approved test course requires 35 hours minimum dual instruction. A ground school is conducted in conjunction with the flight course.
- FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR COURSE
- FAA certified flight instructors are available for single, multi- engine and instrument pilot courses. Mature, highly experienced instructors provide all instruction.
- MULTI-ENGINE RATING
- Course includes approximately 15 hours of flight training and 15 hours of ground training.
- AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT
- If you have the prerequisites and wish to obtain the ultimate in flying certificates, obtain your ATP in the accelerated course that is personalized for you.
- FAA pilot certificate
- Military pilot
- 1,500 flying hours of which:
- 500 must be cross-country
- 100 hours night
- 75 hours actual or simulated instruments
- 250 hours as PIC
NEXT SAFETY MEETING:
6:00PM Thursday, May 11, 2017
Eglin Yacht Club